Outputs and Results
The four main outputs of Chatpal is:
An open multilingual digital service to facilitate the repurposing of psychotherapy content.
A transnational web-based service and toolkit for assisting authorities in the co-creation of digital health products and in particular health-based chatbots.
A user-friendly ChatPal Chatbot for providing e-mental health services.
A ChatPal service provisioned by established mental health service providers
ChatPal Main Results
- The project positively contributes to the programme result, addressing the “Awareness and Attitudes among health professionals towards the use of eHealth technologies”.
- ChatPal challenges healthcare professionals to use chatbots to augment healthcare provision in rural areas.
ChatPal Other Results
- Elicitation of digital mental wellbeing needs in NPA areas;
- Consensus amongst mental health professionals regarding the use of chatbot services to blend with and deliver beyond traditional services;
- Creation of a transnational knowledge base of coping strategies and content for use in eHealth chatbot services;
- Multilingual, blended chatbot service for younger and older citizens;
- Data analysis of the effectiveness, economics, and user adoption of a blended chatbot service;
- ChatPal source code and content released on GitHub with open source licensing;
- Sustainable, transferable framework for developing healthcare-based, blended chatbot services for the NPA region.